In part 1, we took a look at the first 5 reasons why getting a digital strategy and social marketing plan in place before the end of the year could be a good idea for you and your business. In this post we will look at the next 5 reasons.
Remember, when we talk about a Digital Strategy and a Social Marketing Plan we are talking about working out (in advance) the “right” internet marketing techniques and the “right” technologies that you could and should implement to achieve your business goals.
6. You want to impress your friends and family with your knowledge about Pinterest and Twitter. Hey, don’t laugh, this is important. By having a digital strategy in place, you will know without a shadow of a doubt if and when you should be using Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook or other social media channels and how they will help expand your business. You will also know what social media channels don’t make sense for your business and the priority of which social media options you should be implementing.
7. You don’t feel like you have time for social media and internet marketing. What you don’t have time for is wasted time (and money) and if you attempt to start implementing social media or internet marketing without a clear and exact strategy. You will certainly waste time and money. With a clear strategy, you can implement and start seeing results quickly. You’ll also find that maintaining your selected social media channels only takes a few minutes each day.
8. You want to rank higher in Google. You already know that you can improve the rank (visibility) of your site(s) by having great content and increasing the number of high-quality sites that link to your material. But did you know that Social Media has now been elevated to an official search engine ranking factor? Just like page rank, social ranks are affected not only by the number of followers (fans, etc) but the quality of those followers as well. Check out this blog post on Milestone Internet Marketing for more information. The key to maximizing your results is having a digital strategy that aligns your content and social media strategy.
9. You want to gain a competitive advantage. One of the biggest benefits of a sound digital strategy is that you will inherently gain a competitive advantage over your competition. You and your company will become recognized as a thought leader in your area or industry which will elevate you over other competitors that have not gained thought leadership status. Even better, it is very hard to dislodge thought leadership status. Once you gain the edge, you will keep the edge.
10. You want to make more money in 2013. So you want to make lots of money, significantly grow your business and have a great 2013? Who doesn’t… Having a digital strategy in place that makes sense for your business and your business goals really is a sure fire way to get your business growing and expanding going into 2013. Your digital strategy will align all aspects of your business and allow you to reach way more prospects and customers, sell more of your products and services, and create an overall higher level of prosperity!
What do you think? Please leave a comment below.